NM Eng. Billet Aluminum Tie-Bar
- MINI R55 Clubman JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI R55 Clubman JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI R55 Clubman Non-S 1.6L
- MINI R55 Clubman S 1.6T N14
- MINI R55 Clubman S 1.6T N18
- MINI R56 Hardtop GP 1.6T N18
- MINI R56 Hardtop JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI R56 Hardtop JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI R56 Hardtop Non-S 1.6L
- MINI R56 Hardtop S 1.6T N14
- MINI R56 Hardtop S 1.6T N18
- MINI R57 Convertible JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI R57 Convertible JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI R57 Convertible Non-S 1.6L
- MINI R57 Convertible S 1.6T N14
- MINI R57 Convertible S 1.6T N18
- MINI R58 Coupe JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI R58 Coupe JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI R58 Coupe Non-S 1.6L
- MINI R58 Coupe S 1.6T N18
- MINI R59 Roadster JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI R59 Roadster JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI R59 Roadster Non-S 1.6L
- MINI R59 Roadster S 1.6T N18
NM Engineering’s Upper Tie-Bar is designed to reinforce the already stellar MINI Cooper chassis. Installation reduces fore and aft, as well as side-to-side chassis flex during spirited driving, which helps to eliminate unwanted geometry/alignment change. This results in better steering response and better handling.
Attention to detail and performance are NM Engineering’s forte and this part does not disappoint. The 6061-T6 aluminum mounting pads will eliminate strut tower “mushrooming” be reinforcing the upper mount and is attached to mounts studs with shouldered long-reach nuts to make sure that the bar and front suspension is secured by more than just a few threads. In addition, when you look at the underside of the pads, you will notice two machined pockets that accommodate the upper strut bearing locator pin on either side while concealing it from view.
Finally, the simplest, yet most overlooked feature may be the twin mounting bolts on each side that attach the bar to the mounting pads. Most others use a single bolt to secure each side of the bar to the mounting pads. The problem with that is no matter how tight you cinch that bolt, the bar can still pivot at that point rendering them ineffective against chassis flex.
NM Billet Tie-Bar clears factory airbox as well as NM's Hi-Flow Induction Kit for MCS and JCW.
Non-S models require aftermarket intake systems that sit lower than factory air box.