NM Eng. Billet Aluminum Tie-Bar
- MINI Clubman R55 1.6L
- MINI Clubman R55 JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI Clubman R55 JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI Clubman R55 S 1.6T N14
- MINI Clubman R55 S 1.6T N18
- MINI Convertible R57 1.6L
- MINI Convertible R57 JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI Convertible R57 JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI Convertible R57 S 1.6T N14
- MINI Convertible R57 S 1.6T N18
- MINI Coupe R58 1.6L
- MINI Coupe R58 JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI Coupe R58 JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI Coupe R58 S 1.6T N18
- MINI Hardtop R56 1.6L
- MINI Hardtop R56 GP 1.6T N18
- MINI Hardtop R56 JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI Hardtop R56 JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI Hardtop R56 S 1.6T N14
- MINI Hardtop R56 S 1.6T N18
- MINI Roadster R59 1.6L
- MINI Roadster R59 JCW 1.6T N14
- MINI Roadster R59 JCW 1.6T N18
- MINI Roadster R59 S 1.6T N18
NM Engineering’s Upper Tie-Bar is designed to reinforce the already stellar MINI Cooper chassis. Installation reduces fore and aft, as well as side-to-side chassis flex during spirited driving, which helps to eliminate unwanted geometry/alignment change. This results in better steering response and better handling.
Attention to detail and performance are NM Engineering’s forte and this part does not disappoint. The 6061-T6 aluminum mounting pads will eliminate strut tower “mushrooming” be reinforcing the upper mount and is attached to mounts studs with shouldered long-reach nuts to make sure that the bar and front suspension is secured by more than just a few threads. In addition, when you look at the underside of the pads, you will notice two machined pockets that accommodate the upper strut bearing locator pin on either side while concealing it from view.
Finally, the simplest, yet most overlooked feature may be the twin mounting bolts on each side that attach the bar to the mounting pads. Most others use a single bolt to secure each side of the bar to the mounting pads. The problem with that is no matter how tight you cinch that bolt, the bar can still pivot at that point rendering them ineffective against chassis flex.
NM Billet Tie-Bar clears factory airbox as well as NM's Hi-Flow Induction Kit for MCS and JCW.
Non-S models require aftermarket intake systems that sit lower than factory air box.